Our agency counts on one of the most valuable assets expected in our staff: love of their work and of the outdoors. This guarantees the full satisfaction of the passenger.
A PURAVIDAPATAGONIA guide is also a sound kayaker and an expert cook! An outdoor enthusiast who truly knows the area, good at cracking jokes, and, above all else, a protector of the environment!
Entertainment is part of the outing, and our guides will help you see the difference between a good trip and an outstanding one!
Our trips involve small groups, in light of which our guides provide personalized attention, offering advice on techniques, assistance, and information on our national park.
Diego will be one of the bilingual guides to lead you to exciting adventures on our Patagonian rivers and lakes. He has vast experience in water sports, and is a certified scuba diver, life saver, rafting guide, and safety kayaker. A lover of life and a professional in all his undertakings, he runs since 1998 the only specialized touring kayaking agency within the Nahuel Huapi national park, “PURAVIDAPATAGONIA”.
He has taken internationally-certified first aid courses, and periodically renews his First Responder certification.
Diego has worked in different countries, where he enhanced his training as rafting guide, safety kayaker, and touring kayaking expert on rivers such as Manso and Aluminé in Argentina; Urubamba, Apurimac, Tambopata, and Colca in Peru; New River and Gauley in the US; and Papagayo in Mexico.
In Argentinahe has been working for the last eight years as rafting guide and safety kayaker for “Extremo sur”, “Huala”, and “Aguas Blancas” in Bariloche, Patagonia.
He was also summoned to take part as rafting guide and safety kayaker in adventure races such as the Eco-Challenge – Discovery Channel – Patagonia Argentina and The Raid, on this last event leading the Nike team to first place.
In Perú, he worked as rafting guide and safety kayaker for large agencies, on rivers such as the Urubamba, Apurimac, Tambopata, and Colca.
In USA, in West Virginia, he guided and acted as safety kayaker on the New River and Gauley rivers.
He was also organizer and guide in the “Voice of the River” Program, the First International Touring Kayaking Expedition in Patagonia, where he rowed for 40 days with students from Brevard College, NC along the Limay and Negro rivers, from Bariloche to the Atlantic Ocean.
En México, , he worked as trip leader, rafting guide, and safety kayaker for Pueblo Bravo, on the Papagayo river.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Manso river, Class II-III and Class III-IV, 1998-2004, Agency: “Extremo Sur”.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Manso river, Class II-III and Class III-IV, 2002-2005 Agencies: “Huala” and “Aguas Blancas”.
- Rafting Guide, Aluminé river, Class IV.
- Safety Kayaker for the Eco-Challenge – Discovery Channel – Argentine Patagonia, Manso river, Class IV.
- Rowing Instructor, Argentine Fishing Guide Association, 2000.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker for The Raid, Aluminé river, Class III-IV, leading the Nike team to victory in the final classification race.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Urubamba river, Class II-IV-V.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Apurimac river, Class IV.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Colca river, Class IV-V, 10-day expedition / Tambopata river, Class III, 10-day expedition.
- Rafting Guide and Safety Kayaker, Tambopata river, Class III, 10-day expedition.
- Rafting & Oars Guide and Safety Kayaker, New River, Class II-IV-V.
- Rafting & Oars Guide and Safety Kayaker, Gauley river, Class III-IV-V.
- Rafting Guide and Organizer, “Voice of the River” Program, Brevard College, NC, US, first International Touring Kayaking Expedition in Patagonia, rowing for 40 days from San Carlos de Bariloche to the Atlantic Ocean along the Limay and Negro rivers.
- Trip Leader, Rafting Guide, and Safety Kayaker, Papagayo river.
Belén, Physical Education Teacher, she has been guiding diferent Touring kayak expeditions, from 1 day to multidays trips. Since 2001, she´s been showing a strong profesional growing, leading kayaking tours in Patagonian lakes and white water kayak on mountain rivers.
A mountain river and lakes lover, Belén has become a Nahuel Huapi´s National Park Guide, deciding to combine this experience with her knowledge in Rafting Guiding .
Belén will take you to an unforgetable trip, her kindness and love for what she does, turns her into the First Category in Guiding.
“…excellent guide… great jokes…!” are some of the comments made on Pura Vida Patagonia’s Master Joke Teller. A great lover of the region and of kayaking, he has bagged a large number of rivers and lakes, and is one of those persons with whom you would go to the end of the world.
Also known as “Tufi” or “Dani”, he will always greet you with a smile, and will always be ready to pass on that smile to you by cracking a good joke.
One hundred per cent nature lover, he knows his way around local birds, and has taken part in many environmental preservation undertakings.
United States Citizen, friend to Pura Vida Patagonia since 2001, brings additional international experience to our staff. In his time with Pura Vida Patagonia has made an effort to learn spanish and understand Argentine customs and culture. He typically works together with one of our Argentine guides. He has become quite knowledgeable in the landscape and spends a great deal of time enjoying Argentine’s adventure lifestyle and magnificent environment including its lakes and parks. He devotes much of his free time to hiking, climbing, and kayaking whitewater rivers.
Mi nombre es Julián Donatelli, vivo en Bariloche desde chico, siempre me gustaron los deportes al aire libre y mi oficina es Afuera!!!!
Soy Guía de Kayak de Travesía del Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi, siempre de la mano de Pura Vida creciendo y mejorando juntos, disfruto mucho lo que hago.
También disfruto del parque, su flora y fauna. Soy fotógrafo profesional, y junto a mi mujer somos birdwatchers . Conozco montón de lugares, me gusta caminar y recorrer, somos expedicionarios de alma, hacemos salidas de varios días por lagos, ríos y lagunas de la zona, buscando siempre un nuevo rincón.
Siempre cerca del agua, me gusta la pesca, hago windsurf y navego en verano, en invierno mudo la oficina al Cerro Catedral, soy instructor de snowboard!
Lo que aprendí y los lugares que conocí me gusta compartirlos con la gente, que viva mi pasión y amor por la naturaleza y el lugar donde vivo, y del cual elijo ser parte!