Please read the following information. We welcome all queries.
Cancellations / Refund
- Pura Vida Patagonia will observe the following policy in dealing with cancellations:
- When canceling a trip of any duration, Pura Vida Patagonia will refund all payments made, retaining only a cancellation fee percentage to be applied in accordance with the chart below on the date when the cancellation is received in writing, via fax or e-mail.
- When canceling a trip with 90 or more days in advance, the entire payment will be refunded, after which period the chart below will be applied.
You should bear in mind that the minimum fee for canceling a trip is of USD 100
|Days prior to the outing||Refund|
|40 to 89||You will only lose your deposit fee|
|20 to 39||40 %|
|10 to 19||20 %|
|9 or less||0 %|
- Our trips are not cancelled due to rain or snowfall.
- There is always the possibility of an unexpected event, which will not imply the partial or full refund of your money, e.g. severe weather conditions. In this case, the guide will consider the situation and decide whether to wait for the weather to improve and continue or to evacuate, thus reducing the duration of the trip with the safety of the group in mind.
- There may be changes in regulations and timetables in areas to visit, with the resulting changes in our itineraries.
- Other expenses not included in our programs will be borne by each participant.
- Each participant will be given specific gear and will be responsible for it throughout the trip, paying for its loss, deterioration, or breaking.
- When hiring the services of Pura Vida Patagonia, each participant will sign a Disclaimer, indicating that they are in proper physical conditions to take part in the outing hired.
Reservations and Mode of Payment
In the event of hiring an outing for 3 or more days, in light of space restrictions (10 passengers maximum) and to make better use of time, we recommend that you place your reservation 3 to 6 months ahead of the date of your trip. You should confirm your place via e-mail, and we will hold a reservation for you for 2 weeks, in which time Pura Vida Patagonia must receive 30% of the total amount for the trip, per passenger. The information to make the deposit will be sent to you together with the confirmation of the reservation.
When Pura Vida Patagonia receives the deposit and the signed Disclaimer, we will send you a reconfirmation together with your receipt and all the necessary information for the trip.
Completing the Payment
Each passenger shall pay the last installment 30 days prior to the date of the trip. When not receiving such payment within the established date, Pura Vida Patagonia will have the right to cancel the reservation. When paying the last installment within the mentioned 30-day advance period, an additional charge of USD 100 will be applied on account of late payment.
Pura Vida Patagonia must receive 100% of the amount prior to departure.
In the event that you may wish to place a late reservation (from 1 to 30 days in advance) and there is available space, you may do so with a charge of USD 100 additional to the final cost of the trip.
Rates are subject to modifications due to changes in costs that fall beyond our power.
Photographs and videos
Pura Vida Patagonia is entitled to take photographs of and film all its trips in any format and amount, and may use such material for street promotion purposes.
When hiring a trip, all passengers accept that these images may appear in printed media (magazines, brochures, posters) and promotion videos.
Every passenger shall hire insurance for personal accidents, medical expenses, air or land evacuation, losses, and injuries, as well as trip cancellation.
We stress the need for each passenger to have travel insurance.
- Pura Vida Patagonia stresses the need for every passenger to have personal accident and travel insurance.
- In the event of an accident, injury, or illness of any passenger that forces us to cancel the trip and evacuate, the entire group will be evacuated. This will not imply any reimbursement, although a date may be agreed with the agency – subject to its working calendar – to make the same trip at a lower cost.
- Pura Vida Patagonia will not make any reimbursement in the event of loss or damage of personal items, nor will it be held responsible in any way in the event of an accident or injury experienced by any passenger. Each passenger declares their awareness and acceptance of the risk of the activity in which they will take part.
- Passengers are responsible for the gear handed to them by Pura Vida Patagonia, and will pay for any damage or loss of it.
- Schedules are subject to modification due to unforeseen events.
- Pura Vida Patagonia recommends having full understanding of the conditions described of each trip, and choosing one in agreement with your interests and capacities.